Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thing 21: Audio eBooks

It's funny, just this past weekend I was talking to a friend of mine who had been having a hard time finding popular works on netlibrary. At the time, I didn't pay much attention to it, but now I see what she meant! I searched for several popular authors ( Salman Rushdie, Isabel Allende, Barbara Kingsolver, Christopher Moore, Judy Blume, Tom Robbins, Khaled Hosseini...oh, wait, they have The Kite Runner!) and found only one title.

I don't use an Apple, nor do I worry about getting these books loaded on my ipod. I'm an old-fashioned girl, just give me a book on CD and a long commute and I'm content.

I think eBooks would be attractive to distance education students--they wouldn't have to trek all the way to the library to access them. We also have a student population that has a difficult time reading printed text (for a myriad of reasons). So eBooks would be a better option for them.

No comments: