Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thing 23: Reflections

I wasn't so hot on doing the 23 Things at first. I thought it would take time away from the real work that I need to be doing. But the reality is that it is important for me to keep up with new technologies, because it all comes down to helping our patrons the way they need to be helped, on their terms. And that's really what the library is all about, whether or not you work in a public service unit. We should think of every unit as a public service unit.

There are definitely some tools that will stick with me: blogger, wikis, bloglines, delicious. Google docs for file sharing (which will be particularly handy if that snap server ever goes down...).

So, overall assessment, I'm glad I did it. I wish more people had played with it, too. I guess a $50 gift certificate isn't enough incentive for everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, congrats for finishing 23 Things. I loved reading your blog!.