I am the kind of girl who gets all her information about the current state of the world from Vogue and Vanity Fair. And I'm fine with that. There's a lot of important stuff in those publications. But this RSS phenomenon...phenomena...whatever...could really blow my world wide open.
I put all my feeds on my blog. (THANK YOU KERRY SCOTT! I couldn't have done it without you by my side!). I'm far more likely to actually look at them if they're right there on my blog. If I have to login to bloglines everytime I want to see them...well, let's just say it wouldn't happen with any regularity.
RSS feeds are great for libraries. Patrons can use them to find out about new books, or about upcoming library events. Librarians can use them to get current information from publishers, journal toc's, information from ALA. Plus, more RSS feeds=more educated library staff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment