Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Inspirational Picture for this Week









That's right, it's Billy Joel. It was only a matter of time before he showed up on my blog. I adore him, and have for some time. As a child I would put "Glass Houses" on the record player and dance around the living room. I had no idea what any of the lyrics meant, but I could definitely recognize good music when I heard it. Just look at the passion in this photo (courtesy of Samira Khan); I can feel it all the way through the ether (and time) that separates us.

A note on my relationship with Billy: I thought it could never work out between us because of the age difference. It's no problem for me, of course, but I thought my youth might make him uncomfortable. But then he went a married a significantly younger woman, younger than me! And then I realized that it would never work out between us, not because of my youth, but because we've never met.

No comments: