MySpace
MySpace is a tease. I was exploring the homepage, and I saw that the Crush Calculator could reveal which Friend has a crush on me. Naturally, I was curious. But it was all a big lie. They just wanted my personal information, probably so they could send me a virus and/or steal my identity.
I do really like the "cool new people" section. I've been wondering who the cool new people are. It's a relief to be able to locate them so easily.
I took the site tour. Far fewer pictures, and far more text, than MySpace. How can I tell if I want a Facebook account if I don't know which cool people are using it? I don't want to join a site if I don't know what the members look like...
Ning
Ning actually looks kinda neat. I like the idea of joining a social network centered around an area of interest. Some of my favorite social networks on Ning:
- The One Tree Hill VIP Lounge (who knew such a thing existed?)
- Pall Bearers Society (morbid much?)
- PengSpace (Shout out to Polly Mae!)
1 comment:
I think you're hip.
Post a Comment