Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thing 9: Social Bookmarking

Many moons ago I created a del.icio.us account, used it for about a day or two, and promptly forgot about it--I suppose because there was no practical application for my day-to-day life. But Kerry assures me that del.icio.us bookmarking can revolutionize my life...OH MY GOD, epiphany! I know how I can use del.icio.us to make my life easier.

Here's what: everytime I work the Reference Desk I wish I had the URL for the VDX login page handy. I always have to call back to the Interlibrary Loan office for the brilliant and hardworking folks of ILL to read me the ridiculously long and non-intuitive URL. But! If I have the URL bookmarked on del.icio.us, I can get to it anytime I'm at a computer.

Thank you, Learning 2.0 team! You have made my life better! Well, my work life. You really aren't responsible for making my personal life better. Although, if you have any tips, I'm all ears.

No comments: