In "The Ringmaster of the Blogosphere" Sifry is quoted as saying that "everybody who writes a blog wants to get found." I don't particularly want to be found. My blog is a personal affair, meant for friends and family, those people who understand my weirdness and bear my foul moods (I get over them quickly, so it's not too much of a burden...I hope).
But, since this is really about the library, and how these tools can be useful in a library setting, I do see how pinging would be useful for our primary users. I am about to steal Ken's example of how this could be useful, because I am too lazy to think of my own example at the moment (thank you, Ken!). Let's say a walkway closes between Kerr Hall and McHenry Library, or Steinhardt Road is impassable. We could update the library blog with such news, and pinging makes sure that our users see the news as soon as possible.
SUCCESS!!! I tried all of the search engines listed in ping-o-matic, and had no luck, until I tried Ice Rocket. And there was my post. Thank the powers that be (PTB), I thought I had done something wrong. I'm sure my pinging will be successful in the other search engines, too, but I have to move on to Thing 11 pretty quick. I've fallen behind. So much for my overachiever status...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You can keep your overachiever status, your doing great on 23 Things.
Post a Comment