Friday, August 24, 2007

Thing 18: Firefox Add-ons and Extensions

Luckily I already use Firefox, so I didn't have to worry about downloading it.

I added a few search engines: Wikipedia, IMDB, and Webster. These are sites that I visit regularly, so having them at the ready will make my searching process smoother. I tested them out. I found good stuff on minor Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters in Wikipedia. I looked up Semi-Tough (a great football movie from the late 70's) on IMDB. And I looked up unforgranted in Webster. For some reason it didn't turn up. I swear I've heard people use that word a lot lately...

I have LibX on my browser, but since I stopped doing the operational work of Interlibrary Loan I haven't had as much cause to use it. But the tool bar sits there, all the time, haunting me, begging me for attention. I'm sorry LibX, I'll make an effort to be there for you more in the future. You're a useful little extension, don't ever let anybody tell you anything different.

1 comment:

InterlibraryLynn said...

Did you check the thesaurus for unforgranted?